Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grad 6100 Blog #1

Today, we accomplished so much in our Graduate Teaching Assistant Training Seminar...the time literally flew! Also, as with any intensive course, the volume of material covered was quite staggering. Several of today's early experiences really had an impact on me. Among those were the Scavenger Hunt icebreaker and the different ways we split up into groups. I will certainly put versions of those activities to use during a first day of class, as well as on many additional occasions.

The guest speakers, as well as the panel presentation, not only provided a change of scenery but also shared information along with their seasoned individual perspectives. The generous gift of time that was provided for networking was invaluable. The opportunity to get to know several of my peers means a great deal to me.

This Seminar, only on its first day, has already given me many new tools. I already have a sense of accomplishment that will enable me to be more effective as an educator. Another result of today is the manner in which I am looking forward to building professional relationships with my colleagues, as well as my students. I am also anticipating the continuation of this Seminar. I learned so much in today's session, I just know that tomorrow and Thursday will be even more enlightening and educational. I am excited about the prospects of this semester's activities in this Seminar.

Only seven days ago, if you had told me that in a week I would be writing a blog, I would have had to honestly tell you "Never!" Now, look at this...my very first post! Never say "never."

No comments:

Post a Comment